Saturday, July 26, 2008

Claire's 5th Birthday - July 25, 2008

How do I describe how I felt the day Claire turned 5. No words can really say. I am so proud that we are blessed to make this milestone and have so many memories in the process to share. But by hitting the big "5" means my baby is no longer a baby. She would of told you that years ago, but to me it's hard seeing both my kids grow up. With this birthday means she will be starting school in just a few weeks. While she is looking forward to going to "big" school, I will sure miss having her home. I have been lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom for the past 5 years so that I wouldn't miss a thing. I am sad to think of all the new things she will now experience and learn without me. But that's ok. I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't wait to see what this year brings us and all the new beginnings we will share. This is how Claire chose to spend her birthday. Ice skating with Carly and a friend. Dinner of her picking. And of course presents a plenty. Now all I have are these photos and a bitter sweet feeling to go with them.

Happy 5th Birthday Claire!
Love, Mom


No comments: