Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

It was a day that I had long awaited yet dreaded at the same time. It was 5 years in the making and I wasn't really sure how it was going to end up. But the day came. We all awoke early in the morning. I surprised the girls with breakfast in bed. With excitement and anticipation they both woke and began to eat. Eyes half open, but open non-the-less. The girls decided to dress alike. Hair done. Backpacks packed. Lunches made. It was time. It was time for me to take my "baby" to her first day of kindergarten. In the end. I survived just fine. A few tears filled my eyes briefly, but she was fine. Was ready for the day. And I was ready to let her go. As hard as it was I knew it was the beginning of the rest of her life. And a big change in mine. I have been a stay-at-home mom for 5 years now. And I just handed over my baby to someone else to guide and teach her. I wondered all day how she was doing and if it was everything she imagined. I anxiously waited to pick her up and hear all about her day. She loved it! That's all I needed to hear. Everything else didn't really matter. Here are pictures from open house and the first day of school. I put them here for me to remember how big my girls now are.


No comments: